. .

Welcome to James Craven's Blog

I've recently created this page with the intent of helping my fellow marketer. Over the past months I've written dozens upon dozens of articles that I've either posted on enzines, or just kept stuffed away in my desk. Well I figure it's time to put them to some use. So I've gathered them up along with some e-books, free software and a few other goodies. I love to write, so if there is anything you would like to hear my opinion about or basic fact, please let me know and I will get right on it. I am just a normal guy with just a little extra time on my hands. The internet has set me free financially and if you would trust in me I will take your hand and guide you down the path to prosperity. Why do you ask? Because in order to succeed in this business we must all help one another, otherwise it will not work. That is my belief and I trust in it. Sincerely, James Craven

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Trial and Error in Marketing

In the beginning it is always rough. It's called trial and error and we all go through it. It can't be helped. I wish it could be easier, but the trials we go through trying to promote our websites can be time consuming and very expensive.

The cure is in training. Anytime you enter a new business it is vital to learn the ropes. Unfortunately, most people getting involved in internet marketing don't have a clue about what they are doing. They buy into a great sounding get rich program and learn the hard way that there is alot more to it than just signing up and giving up a few dollars. There is much to be done and it all begins with marketing your product, company or website.

The way to avoid making any costly mistakes is by reading and acquiring training. Of course many of these get rich programs fail to offer the type of support a newbie needs to succeed. They lack the training. Which can be described as part of the trial and error process. The reason for this is simple; it is not a good program. The only people getting rich off of these types of programs are the program's owner. So when making a decision on where to spend your money, research each company thoroughly. Don't make the mistake of joining anything that requires you to go out and purchase leads, tells you all you have to do is advertise or to use PPC without offering the proper training.

Although PPC is probably the best and fastest way to acquire leads it can also be the most costly, especially if you don't know what you are doing. So before using this form of advertising read all that you can on the subject. You can find all that you need at Google adwords or the Yahoo PPC campaign page.

Advertising on the internet is trial and error. There are so many avenues to pursue. Article writing can be a valuable source to gather leads for your business. It can also be rewarding as your writing techniques improve. There are many others, and it is best to find the one that best suits your budget and your personal desires. One of the most popular forms is video training using You Tube. This will give you a chance to personalize your message and gives your viewers a good look at who they will be working with.

I find it important to list the most popular forms of online marketing. I will give you my list and describe what I like and use the most. I try and use all of them, but it would not be smart if you are a newbie to try and do this. It would be better if you started with one and as soon as you begin to see results, in the form of prospects and sales then and only then should you move onto something else.

My Space is at the top of the list. Besides being able to buy advertising, you can find people who share the same interests. Then it is important to build a relationship without trying to sell your business. Get them to trust you first and then make an offer.

There are also listbuilders like Viral URL and List Joe.com. These companies will pump out your message to thousands of members who in order to gain credits must click on the ad so there own ad and sight will be seen. It's a win-win and you should be able to gain between 20-30 prospects each month from such an approach.

Free Classified is yet another. There is a certain appeal to this form of advertising because it is free, but personally I have never had much luck with it.

Facebook is a good way to get seen. It is a popular social site where thousands of like minded individuals congregate to engage in marketing their business. So it is really important to establish yourself as someone who is knowlegdable and good at interacting. Remember this is a social site, so be sociable and create relationships.

Another popular form of marketing is the use of forums. I use these regularly and have established some very valuable relationships. It is good place to get tips and answers to any problems you may be having.

There are many different form of advertising and I have barely touched the surface. There are safelists, traffic exchanges, ad exchanges, text exhanges and many more. Through trial and error you will find what works best for you.

My advice is to read as much as you can and become knowledgable, enabling you to help others which will increase your online credibility. Another thing I should add is to find a program that interests you and offers complete training. Training is key. Online marketing is always changing and new methods are always being created, so try being creative yourself and who knows you may crack the code. This could lead to millions. I wish you the best of luck and hope some of the info I have written here you have found helpful. Take care and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment