. .

Welcome to James Craven's Blog

I've recently created this page with the intent of helping my fellow marketer. Over the past months I've written dozens upon dozens of articles that I've either posted on enzines, or just kept stuffed away in my desk. Well I figure it's time to put them to some use. So I've gathered them up along with some e-books, free software and a few other goodies. I love to write, so if there is anything you would like to hear my opinion about or basic fact, please let me know and I will get right on it. I am just a normal guy with just a little extra time on my hands. The internet has set me free financially and if you would trust in me I will take your hand and guide you down the path to prosperity. Why do you ask? Because in order to succeed in this business we must all help one another, otherwise it will not work. That is my belief and I trust in it. Sincerely, James Craven

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

How to be a Business Leader

Business empires no matter how big or small rely on the shoulders of leaders and its workforce. As a business leader, you must know how to handle the professional and the ethical aspects. A well established and responsible person in this position knows how to be a business leader, but what does it really take to fulfill the position?

A good business leader has certain qualities that both benefit him and his team. He is the go-to person whenever there is a critical decision making or a plan that needs execution. People can't function properly if they aren't properly managed.

As a business leader, you should know how to lead by example. A leader, who is dishonest, will receive the same dishonesty from him team. But a leader with pure and noble intentions will receive the full support of his team to pass through all endeavors.

A business leader should always show confidence and composure. A leader who exhibits “grace under pressure” will get more positive results and can transmit the same working attitude to his team.

A good business leader should put his vision into words and action. Feasible and tangible projects that can improve the organization and boost the confidence of the people will earn support and encouragement.

A business leader should also give credit to the right person for a job well done. This gesture will boost the full potential of this person and it will encourage other people to do the same. Monetary incentives, tokens or even food stubs are great ideas as bonuses.

Company projects and other endeavors should be divided among teammates and delegation of responsibility should be made by the business leader. Assigning the best person for a specific task is crucial in attaining the best results. But always give your support and encouragement to boost everyone’s interest and involvement. Delegate a project leader for the task to oversee the progress and to give you updates of the day to day activities.

Encourage open communication between you and your team. You should always have time for suggestions and feedback to help maintain a good rapport with every one. Be aware of the issues and concerns of your people and be on the look out for disagreements and unhealthy working attitudes.

You can always be as friendly as you are, but instilling discipline among your team will help you earn respect and support.

Being a business leader also means being fair and just in making judgments that can help improve a harmonious working environment and relationship with your team.

No comments:

Post a Comment