. .

Welcome to James Craven's Blog

I've recently created this page with the intent of helping my fellow marketer. Over the past months I've written dozens upon dozens of articles that I've either posted on enzines, or just kept stuffed away in my desk. Well I figure it's time to put them to some use. So I've gathered them up along with some e-books, free software and a few other goodies. I love to write, so if there is anything you would like to hear my opinion about or basic fact, please let me know and I will get right on it. I am just a normal guy with just a little extra time on my hands. The internet has set me free financially and if you would trust in me I will take your hand and guide you down the path to prosperity. Why do you ask? Because in order to succeed in this business we must all help one another, otherwise it will not work. That is my belief and I trust in it. Sincerely, James Craven

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Do You Twitter?

Despite its spectacular rise, many people give you strange looks when you say you Twitter. So what exactly is twitter? The owners of Twitter suggests that it is a way to communicate with others by providing quick and frequent answers to the simple question – What are you doing?

Basically, Twitter is a social networking service that allows users to send and receive user updates. These updates are known as ‘tweets’ and have a maximum length of 140 characters. Because of this, Twitter has also been termed a micro-blogging service. Of course, many tweets are extremely mundane and many question why this service should be so popular. For example, you may not be all that interested in what your friend had for breakfast.

However, you can use Twitter as a productivity tool. For example, you can use it to maintain a to-do list or send yourself a reminder. Because you can also send messages via SMS, this can be really useful when you don’t have access to your computer.

You can also establish groups by ‘following’ your friends and having them follow you. In this way, you can update all of them at once. If you can’t make a night out you can simply send ‘ Sorry, can’t make it tonight’. This can also work in a business setting such as times when you are going to be late for a meeting. It can also be used for person to person messaging because there is a command that allows you to send a message directly to another user.

Another great facet is that it is RSS feed enabled. If you don’t have the time to maintain a blog about your product or service you can still keep clients updated if they subscribe to your feed. For example, a video store owner could send a message about the latest video release. Twitter is being used by some as a valuable marketing tool. Unfortunately, there are some who take advantage of this and try to spam the system.

One big problem is that it can become a terrible time waster if you aren’t disciplined. Many people find it best to set aside a set amount of time, say 30 minutes, in the morning and the same again in the evening. If it becomes too annoying you can send the command Off, Sleep, or Stop to Twitter. If you only twitter from your computer then simply avoid the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment