. .

Welcome to James Craven's Blog

I've recently created this page with the intent of helping my fellow marketer. Over the past months I've written dozens upon dozens of articles that I've either posted on enzines, or just kept stuffed away in my desk. Well I figure it's time to put them to some use. So I've gathered them up along with some e-books, free software and a few other goodies. I love to write, so if there is anything you would like to hear my opinion about or basic fact, please let me know and I will get right on it. I am just a normal guy with just a little extra time on my hands. The internet has set me free financially and if you would trust in me I will take your hand and guide you down the path to prosperity. Why do you ask? Because in order to succeed in this business we must all help one another, otherwise it will not work. That is my belief and I trust in it. Sincerely, James Craven

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Are You Making These Twitter Mistakes?

Do you Twitter?

It's the latest craze, and one that can make you money, build your brand, get you clients, and bring on some great joint venture projects. No one made me the Twitter police but I have noticed there are ways to work Twitter and there are ways to use Twitter that won't get you any work.

Here are some dont's with regards to getting followers:

1. Don't try to amass a huge following before you've done some tweeting. People will not be interested in following you when they click on your Twitter page to see what you've got, and notice you don't have much. You need to have tweeted more than, "Trying to figure this Twitter out" and "I think I've got it figured out now." Tweet, tweet, tweet before you gather your flock. Don't know what to say? Try "retweeting" (RT) some other peoples' tweets that resonate with you. Reply to what someone else says and start up a conversation. Tell what you're doing on your business right now. Those are several tweets in the making right there.

2. Don't shoot out promotion after promotion. When others look at your timeline, they'll notice you're just in it for you. People want to know what's in it for them. There are millions of Twitters to follow, why should they follow you when you're only tweeting about your own annoying promotions?

3. Engage in conversation with your Twitter friends. If they're your friends/followers, shouldn't you reply to them on a daily basis? I don't mean reply to all of them everyday, just do several replies to various tweets a day. Again, your potential followers will look at your Twitter timeline and if you don't ever talk to anyone, it's a big turn off. It says ME, ME, ME. So hit @reply and give attaboys, words of encouragement, comments on their blog post link or tell them how you like their latest product. Offer answers when someone has a question, which is an excellent way to brand yourself as an expert. And if someone @replies to one of your posts, it's considered common courtesy to comment back.

The biggest advantage of Twitter is using it to build relationships. Offer value, yes, but also take the time to "talk" to people so they can see you as a real life person. Give first, make friends, and watch your business world open up - just from tweeting on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment